Janie cleaned out the main floor bedroom today and then set up the drying rack. She gathered the baseboard from the first floor that’s been removed and began the process of scraping, sanding, and otherwise preparing it for painting. It’s a big job.
I framed the ceiling in the closet of the OAFMB, and then hung the drywall inside and out; this also involved installing an outlet, switch, and ceiling box on the closet wall and ceiling. In the afternoon I began taping and spackling the closet and the entrance door to the OAFMB. I finished the taping except for the exterior of the closet — I just ran out of energy before getting that done.
Here’s a photo of the closet with drywall in place:
Here’s a photo of the entrance to the OAFMB:
Here’s a photo of the OAFMB’s bathroom, showing the framing of the tub surround and the Wonderboard on the one shower wall:
Those paying close attention will notice that there are three different colors of drywall — grey, green, and brown. The grey is new, “standard” drywall, used on non-wet areas; the green is for use in moist areas (around the tub and shower, above the Wonderboard); and the brown is drywall that was attached to the walls of the two bedrooms before we took those walls out and made the OAFMB one big room again — we were able to reuse about three or so sheets of the brown board because it had only been attached with a few nails around the edges (generally). Had the brown board been properly attached, it would have been damaged beyond reuse when we took it down during demolition in September. It’s saved a little money and a little work to reuse the brown drywall. I’ve also used scraps of green board in areas where it’s not required (near the entrance door) just because it was handy at the time.