Today I bought more Wonderboard at Home Depot for the OAFMB bathroom, and then Adam carried most of it upstairs for me. We also carried down sheetrock scraps and loaded them in the Jeep to take to the dump. It’s amazing how much sheetrock scrap is generated in such a small work area.
Janie and I decided where the faucets should be placed on the new whirlpool tub. At our last house, we placed the faucets and spout on the tiled tub deck, but this tub has quite a wide rim, and placing the spout on the tile deck barely allows the business end to reach into the tub itself. So I called American Standard and asked about putting the faucets and spout on the tub itself — that’s OK to do, but I cut a piece of 3/4″ plywood as a reinforcing gusset to fit underneath the tub rim. This placement allows the spout to deliver the water into the tub better than just placing the spout on the deck.
I moved all of the junk and tools from the bathroom, and then removed the rest of the glued-down vinyl flooring from the bathroom floor. I also cut an access hole in the hall wall to allow access to the whirlpool pump and heater, and then installed the two GFI outlets for the pump and heater.
In the afternoon Janie, Adam and I went to our new property on Windsor Point Road and met with an architect. We decided together that the existing house’s foundation and part of the first floor can be saved, so we should be able to save some money on foundation work (and demolition work) by reusing those parts (as opposed to razing the house to the ground and building with a completely new floor plan). We plan to meet with the architect next week to talk further. The permitting process is complicated by the fact that the property is on the water and some construction must be approved in accordance with the Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act (CBPA) — another layer of bureaucracy.